Some time ago I received this prize from dear Ana! It was such a big surprise! This is the first prize I receive and since it is given by a lovely friend it makes the whole thing even more special. As Ana describes in her Blog when she got it, I also felt the same thrilled and honoured to receive it from her. ¡Muchas gracias querida amiga!
When receiving this prize some "stuff" has to be done, so here there are the steps to follow in the "Versatile Blogger Award":
1. Be sure to thank and link back to the person who gave you the award
2. Share seven things about yourself
3. Pass the award to other bloggers who you think deserve it
4. Be sure to let the bloggers know you chose them to receive the award
Number 1 is already done, so let's go on with step number 2, in which I have to share seven things about myself... Here they go:
1. So far I don't think I told much about myself, so now you know that my name is Beatriz. For short I am also called Bea, which is quite convenient, especially for international contacts. Many people still mistake my name with Beatrice, Béatrice or Beatrix because in their countries it is written like that. In Spanish language ends in z, though.
2. I come from "Galicia" in northwestern Spain, the magical land where "rías" meet the Atlantic Ocean, where there are smooth, sandy beaches and high cliffs, rocky shores, islands, rivers and streams, green woods, soft mountains, the land of "queimada", "empanada", "lacón con grelos, "marisco", "pulpo" and "filloas", of "muiñeiras" and bagpipes, of "cruceiros", "hórreos" and "pallozas", of legends and "meigas", where you can hear words like "vagalume", "fervenza", "orballo" or "bolboreta", where The Way of Saint James finds its end in Santiago de Compostela's Cathedral, where ancient history and monuments found their way until nowadays...
3. During my last year at University I had the chance to be an Erasmus exchange student in Germany. It was a fantastic and unforgettable time in my life. Curiously, I had never had any penfriend from Germany before living in this country. And now Germany is where I have more penfriends! ;)
4. I have always had a weakness for crayons and pens. I don't even know how many of them I have... but I love them! Luckily two of my most favourites activities have to do with pens and crayons: penpalling and drawing.
5. I like music! I love playing my piano. I like many composers, but if I had to choose three right now: Chopin, Bach and Beethoven. Obviously I also like listening to music. Again, among my favourites to be listened are classical as well as The Beatles, Dire Straits, Céline Dion and Coldplay.
6. I like libraries and bookshops. Once inside it is difficult to leave...
7. I love the beach, the sea, the ocean... everything which has to do with underwater, marine-life and marine sciences.
And now that I have finished my duty, I have to pass it to other fellow bloggers... I have remembered about some people who are into penpalling, too. Since we have this characteristic in common and all of them show their love and care for this fantastic world of letters, postcards... the award goes to:
- Bianca from Goodnight Little Spoon
- PostMuse from Orphaned Postcard Project
- Aga from Got That Swing
- Marija from Covers, postcards and letters sent in Montenegro
- Deirdre from Loved by You
- Nina from In Love with Snail Mail
- Samrana from Burst of Bubbles
- Joana from Ecological Storyteller
- Darja from Starshine whirls make my head spin
- Ilona from The Missive Maven
- Raia from Sandbook Net - PenPals and Swappers Site Blog
- Maxine from Penpal Magazine and from Friendship Books
- Fabi from Creative Corner
At the moment I cannot remember about anyone else... I don't mean to forget or neglect anyone, therefore, if you are into penpalling, letters, postcards... feel free to take the award and give it a try if you wish!
Finally, I would like to wish everyone a great 2011 and see you in the next post!