Penpalling & Letters

Sunday 25 September 2011

Meet Melanie and her cute crafts!

Dear Penpalling & Letters readers,

Welcome to a new post belonging to "The person behind the letter-writer"! Once more, a penpaller has the chance to show us her creations and crafts! Penpalling & Letter's guest this time is Melanie from Germany! Melanie is going to talk about her letter-writing experience, her cute crafts and will be presenting a challenge in her blog: Meli's Letters, Crafts and more!

- Hello Melanie! Welcome to Penpalling & Letters! It is a pleasure you are visiting today and we are very much looking forward to know more about you, your crafts and your letter-world! Would you like to tell us a little bit about yourself?

Hello! I am Melanie, a 29 year-old girl from Germany. I graduated from University last year and I love writing letters and being creative. Writing letters is one of my biggest hobbies for many years now. I think that I wrote my first letter when I was about nine years old. I got my first penpal from a horse magazine called Wendy and the girl was from Germany. But I cannot remember her and I also cannot remember how many letters we wrote. Since that day I am into letter-writing, sometimes more, sometimes less. However, I never really stopped and at the moment I am really into it again. I love letters and I am happy that I met so many nice people through penpalling!
I also like postcards but I only collect USA state map postcards. I am not into Postcrossing anymore but I did it a few years ago and it was always fun. I also like to swap a lot of different stuff although I prefer stationery, crafts stuff and souvenirs. I also like collecting different items: stationery, crafts stuff, state map postcards from the USA, kawaii stuff, key chains from popular places/cities... I am also addicted to stationery and I could say that I have a little store at home!
At the moment I am not really looking for new pen pals but if I meet someone really nice I wouldn't say no! ;)

- Melanie, could you tell us what do you like to create?

At the moment I do a lot of polymer clay stuff like kawaii earrings and similar items which I am trying to sell but I didn't really have much luck yet. I also love scrapbooking and making cards. And I also make purses, too. I'm always open to new crafts!

- How did you get started into handicrafts/papercraft?

I am into crafts since I was a little girl. I often check websites online for new ideas and, at the same time, I am trying a lot of new stuff to do. Guess I was always creative!

- How and where do you get the necessary inspiration to make every item?

Most of the time I get new ideas to create new items online, in craft stores or in craft magazines.

- Which kind of materials do you usually use?

It depends on the different creations. To do my kawaii earrings I just need the polymer clay; to do purses fabrics, buttons, patches; for my cards, scrapbooking materials, rubber stamps, stickers, decorations... And ideas, of course!

- How much time do you invest in every handmade item until it is finished?

I don't really check the time when I work on my crafts. Sometimes I don't finish a specific item that same day so it is hard to say.

- Do you present your creations in an online website where it is possible to check them?

My handcrafts can be visited in my blog: Meli's Letters, Crafts and more or in my Facebook Group: "Cute crafts for you"

- When did you think about starting your own site online?

I had several websites already but I started my blog because my friend has a blog with her creations, too and I really loved how it looked like!

- What can we find when visiting your blog?

I usually write about penpalling and crafts. Also about other different topics sometimes, but most of the time, letters and crafts.

- Do you have favourite items to create yourself?

I really love my kawaii polymer clay creations at the moment!

- Could you explain us how purchasing, payment and shipping work to get any of your items?

First, the client has to pay and then I try to ship the item as cheap as it is possible. I only charge the real shipping costs, not more. Anyone who is interested just contact me.

Melanie is hosting a craft challenge in her blog at the moment, so for further information just check: Craft Challenge 2011 and you will find out everything you have to do to participate there!

Thanks a lot for participating in The person behind the letter-writer! You know you are always welcome to Penpalling & Letters whenever you wish to visit us again!

If you would like to read more posts from "The person behind the letter-writer" section check the links you can find at: The person behind the letter-writer.

If you are interested in being featured in "The person behind the letter-writer" because you have a cute shop, you are crafty and would like to present your creations, you have an ability and would like to tell us about it... contact me at: penpallingandletters[at]gmail[dot]com and we will work it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment