Penpalling & Letters

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Getting to know Jasmina from Penpal Junkie

Today I have the pleasure to officially inaugurate The person behind the letter-writer, a section in which people who are into letters will be featured together with a personal quality or ability of themselves. There was an interview some months ago in Penpalling & Letters related to this topic, and inspired by this fact and other fellow penpaller's interests, I decided to start running this new section from now on. Hope all of you enjoy it!

Our guest of today is Jasmina who comes from the Netherlands. Let's listen to what Jasmina has to tell us:

Hello! My name is Jasmina and I am the owner of the online shop Penpal Junkie. I am 25 years-old an I live in the Netherlands. I am addicted to everything cute, especially cupcakes! I love to live and I love life! I started writing letters when was 12 years-old. I met a girl at the camping and we started writing. I also wrote a lot of letters to my cousins who live in Suriname. I love to decorate my letters with stickers and deco tape. I especially like "Kawaii" letter-paper, I think that it is so cute! When I was younger I was not writing letters only but I was also keeping a diary and writing poems. I have also swapped some time ago, but don't do it anymore because I don't have the time for it. My favourite item to swap are stickers and some other little things. Swapping is a lot of fun and need to do it soon again; hopefully, when I have more free time. Besides swapping I also like collecting cute stuff, and I am a member of Postcrossing as well. I think that Postcrossing makes possible to see a little bit more of the world.

Welcome to Penpalling & Letters, Jasmina! So nice you are visiting us today and that you are presenting your shop!

- How did you start running Penpal Junkie? For how long has your shop been online?

I decided to create my own shop when I realized that it was not possible to find cute writing paper (letter sets, letter pads...) or postcards in the Netherlands. I opened the visual doors of my shop on May, 1st 2010. A friend of mine gave me the idea of the name "Penpal Junkie" so this is why I named my shop this way.

- Which kind of products do you offer in Penpal Junkie?

In the very beginning I was only selling postcards and letter-paper. Right now you can find all kind of penpal supplies and gifts in Penpal Junkie: letter pads, letter sets, note pads, memo pads, postcards, greeting cards, envelopes, pencils, pens, stickers, deco tape, bags, wallets, bookmarks, beauty products (lip gloss, shower and bath products, hand and foot care items)...

- Do you have a favourite product yourself among those that can be seen in your shop?

I love the cupcake stuff the most, especially the cupcake soap. It smells great and it looks even better!

- Which items are the most popular among your customers?

The sticker-sacks are the most popular and most demanded items.

- If your customers request you a specific product that it is not available in Penpal Junkie at the moment, would you be willing to get it if possible?

If a customer would like to purchase a special item and it is not possible to find it in my shop yet, feel free to e-mail me and I will try my best to search this product for you.

- Can you explain us how the process of purchasing, payment and shipping works in Penpal Junkie?

Shipping costs are calculated upon weight and shown at the end of the order, so you will be able to see the real amount of money spent on products and shipping. Orders are sent by Second Class Mail so shipping costs aren't very high. However, bear in mind that the package might take up to a month to arrive depending on destination and other mail facts. I send the items out as soon as I receive the payment. You can pay through PayPal or bank wire transfer, a process which is secure, easy and fast.

- Can Penpal Junkie be found in Facebook, Twitter...?

You can find Penpal Junkie on Twitter: Penpal Junkie - Twitter and Hyves: Penpal Junkie - Hyves. We also have a blog: Penpal Junkie - The Blog.

- Are there something else that you would like to share about Penpal Junkie?

Penpal Junkie offers cute gifts for special people. If you think you are special or you know someone special you would like to surprise, don't hesitate to contact me so I can advice you!

Thanks for taking part in The person behind the letter-writer, Jasmina! You are welcome to Penpalling & Letters whenever you wish to participate again!


If you would like to read more posts from this section keep an eye on the links you can find at: The person behind the letter-writer.

If you are interested in being featured in "The person behind the letter-writer" because you have a cute shop, you are crafty and would like to present your creations, you have an ability and would like to tell us about it... contact me at: penpallingandletters[at]gmail[dot]com and we will work it out!

1 comment:

  1. It was great to read this interview.. i never heard about penpal junkie and now i am glad i did, because it's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete